Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Rod

Default Help with ID of tree / shrub

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:30:37 -0000, "Philip"
wrote:

I pass this tree / shrub regularly. And I would like to learn more about
it. Like its name would be a good starting point. With that in mind, I put
together a little photo page :

http://www.esher.nildram.co.uk/philip/whattree.htm

The shape of the fruits and their arrangement made me think of Paulownia
tomentosa, but on reading it would seem that the Paulowinia has fluffy seeds
to be carried by the wind. While the seeds on 'my' tree are between 0.7cm
and 1.5cms long and up to 0.5 cm wide. So definately not dispersed by the
wind.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can point me in the right
direction.

Many thanks

Phil

Hmmm?..........scratches head in vain. Going to the books.
Rod

Weed my email address to reply