Old 06-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Lurch

Default Garden lighting (cross posted)

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:07:04 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "Chris and Patsy"
strung together this:

My favourite light for something like your terrace is a low energy
floodlamp, made for commercial sign illumination, which I buy from Newey &
Eyre. They use 2 x 9W (or 4 x 9W, also 4 x 9W with an integral photocell)
lamps in a floodlight format, with very good cut-off characteristics, so

you
don't get light spill where you don't want it. Mounted below eye level,

one
of those washes the ground with light, which allows you to see to walk

over
quite a large area. Mounted high, you get can a good area illumination

from
one.

Colin

I'm also looking for some lighting like this, do you know the manufacturer
?, I can't find a Newey & Eyre website (that works) ?

Have a look here, on page 27. Most wholesalers will do something
similar. Most probably these exact ones actually.
http://www.greenbrook.co.uk/lightcat.pdf
Or the PW range on this page.
http://tinyurl.com/2fshk
--