Old 06-03-2004, 05:14 AM
Loki

Default seeds

il Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:40:23 +0000, Kae Verens ha scritto:

So - My question is: how (and when, and how much, etc) do I save the seeds from one

year to the next of the major species?

Well, there are books about "Gardens for free", that will describe
all the different ways of plant multiplication. But seeds are fun. If
you start with a commercial plant, the chances are the seeds will
revert back to whatever the hybrid's parents were. Which may or may
not be a nice plant. I let all my veggies go to seed (this was a
mistake with fennel). And let them drop on the ground. But far better
to collect them :-).
There are sites on the web that give information.
--
Cheers,