Old 06-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Loki

Default saving corn seed

il Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:41:19 -0500, Steve ha scritto:

Yeah, you'll have to keep the corn on the cob until the seeds
mature. Mature corn seeds are hard and nearly dry. We eat fresh corn
at a much earlier stage, when it is still young and tender.
Many fruits have mature seeds when the fruit is ripe. Tree fruits
and melons come to mind. On the other hand, cucumbers are a fruit
that we eat when still green and the seeds are still soft. A fully
ripe cucumber isn't something most people would want to eat.

Steve

Makes sense.

--
Cheers,