Old 06-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Help with ID of tree / shrub

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
Charlie Pridham5/3/04 9:26

"Philip" wrote in message
. ..

Right up to the last pic I was certain its a Paulowinia tomentosum but

the
seed in the pods of these is fine almost dust like, there are however

more
than one species and I have only ever seen P. tomentosum. My money would

be
on one of these, especially as it does not seem as big a tree as I would
expect P. tomentosum to be at flowering size.
--

Charlie, I wonder if you did see the very last pic? The seeds are quite
large and there are only two to each pod. What I think you're seeing as

My bad English (again!), I meant that the seeds of P tomentosum are small
fine, I agree the picture shows big seeds so it can not be P. tomentosum, I
was just wondering if the other species of Paulownia may have larger seeds.
The pods in the picture look so like Paulownia, I collect seed ever year,
sowed them last week. It never looks possible that such big seedlings can
appear so quickly from such fine seed! :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk