Old 06-03-2004, 11:32 AM
nightjar

Default Garden lighting (cross posted)

"Chris and Patsy .plus.com" News@oddys wrote in message
My favourite light for something like your terrace is a low energy
floodlamp, made for commercial sign illumination, which I buy from Newey

&
Eyre. They use 2 x 9W (or 4 x 9W, also 4 x 9W with an integral

photocell)
lamps in a floodlight format, with very good cut-off characteristics, so

you
don't get light spill where you don't want it. Mounted below eye level,

one
of those washes the ground with light, which allows you to see to walk

over
quite a large area. Mounted high, you get can a good area illumination

from
one.

Colin

I'm also looking for some lighting like this, do you know the manufacturer
?, I can't find a Newey & Eyre website (that works) ?

The brand name is their own - Newlec. The part number for the 2 x 9W lamp
with a knuckle joint mounting is NL3802. That mounting has an M20 female
thread and is ideal if you can stick a bit of steel conduit through a wall,
with the thread protruding to screw it onto. The cables then enter the
fitting through the conduit. The part number for the 4 x 9W with photocell
and wall mounting bracket is NL3806. That type has a bit of flex coming out
of the body. I would expect most electrical wholesalers to do something
similar. I don't have the boxes for any other versions to hand.

I gave up trying to use the Newey & Eyre website long ago. Even as a
registered user, I can't often get it to work.

Colin Bignell