Old 06-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Frogleg

Default New Allotment - Any advice welcome

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:41:40 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

from "Kim Bewick" contains these words:

Well I've finally gone and got myself an allotment (125 sq meters)

Is this a typical size? My community garden plot, which I realize
isn't like an allotment, was 9 sq meters (20'x40') and kept me *very*
busy. The most successful gardeners in the group were more like the
tortise than the hare -- regular attention rather that heroic spurts
of energy. I didn't quote Janet's post, but it sparked many nods of
agreement. Particularly in the area of not over-extending. one's self.
Also labeling or marking things. Cartoon illustrations of paper seed
packets on a stick notwithstanding, they will deteriorate or blow
away. Although by the time they decay, the plants may be large enough
to identify without them.

The walking around and 'gazing' is one of the best parts. :-) Enjoy!