Old 06-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Shiva

Default Recommendations for Roses along a pikcet fence and mail-order Suppliers?..................

Hamp wrote:

Since I live in zone 7/8 I can't guarantee what I'm about to say

but---

Hamp--I just wanted to say, WELCOME! We need more rose growers from
the swamps to weigh in! (I am in Raleigh, NC, zone 7B). Most of the
rose groups are dominated by Californians, and the difference in
climate between there and the southeast (even the northeast) is so
great that much of the commentary is useless to us swamp dwellers.

Mark Chamblee of Chamblee Roses gave a presentation in Jackson, MS
recently ...

Love Chamblees and Roses Unlimited, the latter out of SC. If you have
not tried RU, I hope you do. Really healthy plants on their own
roots, and they come in a handy one-gallon size that makes more sense
than the 3-gallon monsters or the "bands" some places sell.