Old 06-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Hal

Default New formulation for pressure treated lumber

On 5 Mar 2004 19:25:08 -0800, wrote:

(Beecrofter) wrote in message . com...
Anybody got any information on the new formulation of pressure treated
wood that is made without arsenic?

It is my understanding that it is treated or soaked with copper salts.
Works well to protect the wood, however you can't use regular
galvanized screws or fasteners, ie joist hangers, joiners, hurrican
clips, because the copper causes severe electrolysis and corrosion
problems with the hardware, I have been warned that the hardware will
fail in a short period of time.

You will need to get more information from your supplier or contractor
for the construction. Carefully note any hardware requirements on the
new treated wood to avoid the above problem.

About hardwa
http://www.naturalselect.com/fasteners.htm

Regards,

Hal