Old 06-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Extending Water to Pond

Nuclear pond?

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"Ka30P" wrote in message
BV ~ Oh, I don't know nothing about those pesky electrons and H20 ;-)
BUT....
someone who was in the insurance
industry, once posted here about this
problem. In that if you have uninspected
work like this on your property, and you have
a fire, that your insurance can opt not to
cover your damage. Even if it had nothing to
do with the fire.

Be that as it may, my DH is an electrical engineer for a nuclear power

plant.
When it came time to put in our power to our pond he hired an electrician.

His
reasoning was that the fellow knew housing codes inside and out. We also

had it
inspected by our city so we were doubly sure we were up to code.
Being in nuclear power he always has to make sure all the bases are firmly
covered so as to not bring down the wrath of the NRC upon his head.
Same applies to our family and household.

I know lots and lots of folks have extension cords all over the place and

do
their own electrical work.
The insurance issue and the legality of it all puts me on the side of

being
extra careful and I'm glad we did it the way we did.

kathy :-)