Old 06-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Steve Calvin

Default when do you harvest garlic?

Norma J. Briggs wrote:
Thanks Everyone!
"Loki" wrote in message

il Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:22:18 GMT, "Norma J. Briggs" ha scritto:

I know this is a silly question for the old timers, but...I live in zone

9

I "assume" that you know to cut the scapes off.

I harvest mine when the majority of the leaves are brown. I clean them
off and hang them upside down in a cool dry place with good
ventilation for a week or two and then cut the stems off and store.

Typically in New York zone 5 a/b (Mid-Hudson Valley) that's in late
June or early July. I have no clue when it would be for zone 9

--
Steve