Old 06-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Loki

Default Coldframe for Lettuce

il Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:48:34 GMT, "Lorenzo L. Love" ha scritto:

Loki wrote:

How big are those milk jugs?

One gallon. A square of eight around each plant. In the spring after the
lettuce dosen't need any help I move them around tomato and pepper
transplants to protect them from late cold snaps, like a Wal-o-water.
Later, just dump the manure tea out as a plant food.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

So let me see if I've pictured this right. You have these jugs
(plastic I presume) filled with water which releases heat at night.
Do you put anything over the top? And do they work well for frosts? I
guess they may work as wind breaks too which is a problem here. Cold
Southerlies from Antartcica pack a bitter punch.
--
Cheers,