Old 06-03-2004, 09:46 PM
martin

Default New Allotment - Any advice welcome

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:53:34 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote in message
from "Kim Bewick"
Well I've finally gone and got myself an allotment (125 sq meters)

Is this a typical size? My community garden plot, which I realize
isn't like an allotment, was 9 sq meters (20'x40') and kept me *very*
busy.

That doesn't sound right! 9sq metres would be about 3ft by 28ft

perhaps but 20'x40' is about 90 sq meters, so it was just a typo

Anyway, an allotment is normally 10 sq rods (or poles or perches) and as a
rod is 5.5yds that's 302.5 sq yards or 253 sq metres. Say 25ft by 100ft.
usable soil plus paths. You also get half, quarter, and odd shaped plots to
fit the site. We have 15 sq rods.

We have 100 sq meters

--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad