Old 06-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Hollyhocks from seed

In article , Glen Able
writes

"Glen Able" wrote in message
Hi all,

Anyone know of any hollyhocks seed varieties that I can sow this spring
which'll flower this year? Preferably not the frilly double types, which
annoy me

thanks

Cheers all for the help. Dunno why hollyhocks aren't very popular. Don't
recall ever seeing plants for sale at garden centres.

You can buy hollyhock rootstocks packed in peat in places like
Woolworths and Wilkinsons at this time of year [1]. You can buy plants
in pots at places like B&Q and Homebase, and the nearest garden centre
(to me) also has them. Otherwise they're sold as seed.

[1] Not that I could persuade them into growth.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Malvaceae/Malvaceae.html