Old 06-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Help with ID of tree / shrub

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
Charlie Pridham5/3/04 5:32

snip
The pods in the picture look so like Paulownia, I collect seed ever

year,
sowed them last week. It never looks possible that such big seedlings

can
appear so quickly from such fine seed! :~)

--

Ray is convinced, like you and I are, that this is a Paulownia, the growth
habit, the bark, the seed pods all point to that but not to P. tomentosa.

like
and how large the leaves are, if he's ever seen them. I've tried Googling
(though not extensively) for pics of Paulownia seeds and will try again
later.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

There are 6 species listed in the current plant finder (including
tomentosum) but I don't know anything about them! So I will be interested in
anything you discover.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk