Old 06-03-2004, 09:47 PM
shazzbat

Default How much slate will I need to order?

"News" wrote in message
My first post, so please excuse such a dumb question! I've got an area of
garden to be covered in a membrane and plum coloured slate to make it kind
of maintenance free.
The area is 133 square metres. What depth do I use, and how many tonnes
would I need (do you order in tonnes or cubic metres?)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Phil

Well, the depth is up to you, but I think 2" would be the norm. This equals
50mm, or 0.05 metre, which multiplied by 133 = 6.65 m3. you would have to
check with your supplier for the ratio of volume to weight, but about 1
tonne per cu m would not be too far out. If you wanted to go a bit less
than 50mm depth, about 5 tonne should do you.

HTH

Steve