Old 06-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection Call to Artists

Such a dither!!

I dunno. Someone has to get excited about something here.

snip

I don't see how bonsai is threatened by events like these.
Mostly the traditional styles are superior, but occasionally

someone
manages to come up with a novel idea which will eventually

become one of
the "traditional" styles. Such scolding stifles creativity and

sucks
the fun out of bonsai. No wonder we're such a geriatric group

on the
whole!

Oh, bonsai isn't "threatened."

It may not be advanced much, though.

MY point was (and is) that to call these "art" is a bit silly. I
can't imagine a real sculptor having a go.

I'm often wrong, though.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Apples and
Oranges: A Demonstration -- Welcome to Hooterville! Population:
2000. Elevation: 3000. Established: 1850. TOTAL = 6850 -- Bob
Lilienfield

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++