Old 06-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Chris Boulby

Default New garden

In message , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Glen Able
writes

I'd really appreciate some help getting started planning this - particularly
a) nice/vigourous shrubs/combinations of shrubs for my purpose

Do you mean vigorous = fast growing or vigorous = robust?
Fast growing sounds attractive but you'll spend forever cutting them
back once they've reached the desired size. Everyone would like a plant
which is evergreen, attractive, grows like a rocket to 6ft, and then
remains exactly the same height for the next 20 years ;-)

(Snip)

I started writing about the same thing, but this is so much more
succinct Kay. You'll do well to heed Kay's advice Glen.
--
Chris Boulby National Collection of Diascias