Old 07-03-2004, 01:26 PM
David Rance

Default Raspberry Canes

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Kim Bewick wrote:

Carrying on from my first posting regarding my new allotment, I have now
discovered that I have a little bit more land than i first thought and that
this strip of land is covered in raspberry canes. Does anyone know if it is
possible to salvage these at all. They look like very dead sticks at the
moment about 2' in height, but not knowing anything about raspberries, i
don't know what to do next.

The very same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Let them grow
- they should produce something this year.

In my case the whole allotment had been bulldozed flat, but I'd known
this allotment for some years before I took it over and I knew that the
roots were there. I let them grow and the following year I gathered
about 40 lbs. of raspberries
1
| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |