Old 07-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Strange Bloom

Quite true. I was speaking of a single plant. Perhaps I should also
mention that less dramatic color changes may result from differences in
light levels [and possibly other cultural factors], but I have never seen
those turn an orange to white -- just lighter or darker shades of the same
general color. The most extreme example at my place is Epc. Frances Dyer --
grown shady, its flowers are a nice deep grape; grown sunny, they're
washed-out lavender.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Dewitt" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:03:32 -0500, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

No. An orchid's flowers may improve as the plant grows larger [second
blooming is often much better than first -- more, bigger flowers], but

not a
dramatic change in color. I have heard these reports, occasionally, over
the years, but it has never happened to me. Any chance your label was
misplaced?

I've seen at least one case where it was apparent that two seedlings
had become intertwined not seperated at the flask or compot stage.
What appear to be a single plant clearly had two different flowers.

deg