Old 07-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Gale Pearce

Default External pump push/pull?

The #'s I quoted below came from a "pond construction" book I read a few yrs
ago and I think they were for submersed pumps (don't know if that makes any
difference for "out of pond" pumps) - seeing as how your info is newer and
for the pump you have, I would use it - there may be some one else in this
group that knows for sure - Good luck
Gale :~)

3' horizontal is supposed to be equal to 1' vertical when figuring

pumping
"head", so 25' horizontal + 4 ' vertical is ~ a 12' head you are

dealing
with, as wellas the other 25 ' on the other side of the pump
Gale :~)

The chart from sequence has a friction loss of 3 - 6 ft per 100 ft of 2"
pipe at the flow rate for this pump. Is your horizontal/vertical loss an
additional factor?