Old 07-03-2004, 05:36 PM
NetMax

Default One More Plant Fertilizer Question

"jonboy" wrote in message
et...
My LFS sold me Hagen Plant Grow spikes. They claim that they will last

1
year after they are activated. Anyway, the sticks contain phosphates:

Here
are the contents:

Total Nitrogen: 16%
7.5% Ammonical Nitrogen
8.5% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphates 9%
Soluble Phosphates 12%
Iron .45%

Anyway, these spikes have several other trace elements. My concern is

that
I'm adding phosphates to my water and not enough iron. Should I pull

these
plant tabs and buy Seachem Flourish tabs. I don't want to change my
substrate and thought that the tabs would work better then a liquid

that you
pour in to the water. I could really use some advice.

Thanks

If you get some Flourish tabs, post the ingredients. Also list the trace
elements in the Hagen plant grow spikes.

I have some Jobe's food spikes here (for ferns, 16-2-6)
Total nitrogen: 16%
2% Nitrate nitrogen
10.5% water insoluble nitrogen
3.5% urea nitrogen
available phosphoric acid (P2O5) 2%
soluble potash (K2O) 6%
derived from ureaformaldehyde nitrogen, triple superphosphate, potassium
nitrate.

I'm going to rumble your post over to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants.
That's where the experts on this hang out.

NetMax