Old 07-03-2004, 06:03 PM
JB

Default emptying a pond?...

I'd think that you'd want drain holes in your border bed unless you were
shooting for a bog bed. JMO

--
"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:36:23 GMT, highe5
wrote:

I recently moved into a house with a garden with a pond which I do not
want to keep and am keen to convert it into a border as it has been
built in that style.

My guess would be to empty it by hand as much as possible and then
drill a couple of holes through the bottom to let the remaining water
drain out.

Any better ideas out there...?

What are the dimensions and contruction of your unwanted pond?

Drilling holes is rather permanent, possibly it would be better in the
long run to drain it by siphoning then put a layer of soil in the
bottom. Voila, a garden flower bed!

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.