Old 07-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Hank

Default emptying a pond?...

You can rent a sump pump to empty the pond. If you have a high water
table in your area the liner may rise up and float on the ground
water. If you put holes in the liner before you empty it you may end
up pumping ground water for 40 days and 40 nights. ;-}
Many areas of the country are getting very serious about what can
be left in the ground. Check local codes to see if you can leave the
liner in the ground.
Since you asked our advice. I would like to make a suggestion on
behalf of this newsgroup. Keep the pond for one year and then decide.
I think you will find it will grow on you and you will end up a
regular here. Just my opinion, Good luck

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1
"highe5" wrote in message
s.com...
I recently moved into a house with a garden with a pond which I do

not
want to keep and am keen to convert it into a border as it has been
built in that style.

My guess would be to empty it by hand as much as possible and then
drill a couple of holes through the bottom to let the remaining

water
drain out.

Any better ideas out there...?
--