Old 07-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Mike Patterson

Default emptying a pond?...

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:47:59 GMT, "JB" wrote:

I'd think that you'd want drain holes in your border bed unless you were
shooting for a bog bed. JMO

Might be so, I don't know the local climate and conditions of the
original poster, other than I suspect they're in the UK due to their
ISP.

If they have a high water table (as did a house I lived in for 11
years), drilling holes would let more water in than out!

I had to spend about US$11,000 in drainage and septic system specialty
work to get that house to the point that I could sell it without
worrying about getting a call from a lawyer 6 months later.

Makes me very cautious about ground water issues...

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.