Old 07-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Hal

Default emptying a pond?...

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:36:23 GMT, highe5
wrote:

My guess would be to empty it by hand as much as possible and then
drill a couple of holes through the bottom to let the remaining water
drain out.

Sounds like your idea should work unless the area is such that ground
water may be present, like in a valley or below a hill that seeps
water. I think I'd try to remove the pond liner unless it is
concrete. You should be able to remove a EPDM liner with a bit of
effort, or a preformed liner by clamping across it to the opposite
side and pulling over a sawhorse or higher leverage support, with a
truck, and raise the liner from the hole. That would end your
problems with the liner. That would require a bit of clearing around
the top of the liner to free it from whatever hides and supports it
above ground.

Regards,

Hal