Old 07-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Painting Fence

In message , Steve
Harris writes
In article ,
(Chris French and Helen Johnson)
wrote:

water based paint type stuff, that does nothing except look nice for
a bit))

Stuff does seem to make a pretty good job of shrugging off water.

When it's new yes. They seem to contain some waxes or something to do
this, but this property doesn't last long (less than a season) nor is it
that important really. The main purpose is just to give a bit of colour
to woodwork, but IMO it does get to look scruffier than the spirit type
ones, which just tend to fade a bit (going by our shed and some other
wood work in our garden)

IME, cheap fence panels with no extra protection will last for several
decades PROVIDED you keep the posts in good order.

most likley yes, we have one than is probably at least 20 years old
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: