Old 07-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Evan Mann

Default my lawn is a mess,can it be corrected?

"Hal" wrote in message
Raising a great lawn is a simple matter, you just water adequately to
make green stuff grow, then cut it. Repeat, repeat, repeat! If you
are willing to accept a bahaia lawn it will outgrow any weeds I've
ever seen with water and frequent mowing.

Watering is something that hasn't been done frequently from the previous
owners (I've only been in the house since Sept, and it's my first
spring/summer). The sprinkler system wasn't used but I repaired it and it
is useable now.

If I water the lawn 2x a week and cut it weekly, the bahia should kill all
the weeds that I have?

Some things I've read consider bahaia a week. My lawn guy said he'd keep it
and not try to switch to Floratam St. Augustine (most commong in FL). I
have 1/3 of an acre (less house) and I'm not sure what killing the entire
lawn and sodding it would cost. Probably a lot.

I know I have crabgrass and dollarweed. I have another type of weed (I
think its a weed) but don't know what it is. It looks like really nice
grass... if my entire lawn was made of it. Any idea what it is?

http://www.llamas.net/~hdclown/weed1.jpg
http://www.llamas.net/~hdclown/weed2.jpg

It just grows in round circle like tht, spotted throughout the lawn.