Old 08-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Small lodger in the compost bin...

The message
In article ,
Peter Crosland wrote:
Being a keen angler I have access to very fine wire traces - I pin a loop
round the hole they come through and get their head caught and strangle
themsleves. I cleared around twenty of the vermin this winter and we
haven't seen any for ages. I am careful to put this trap wel inside

their
entrance hole so nothing else gets caught and after a few days of no
catching I remove it until we see evidence again.

Despite the almost universal repulsion for the rat the use of such methods
is AFAIK illegal.

Not AFAIK. It isn't for foxes, so why should it be for rats?

It is illegal for foxes. Any snare has to have a stop to prevent the
animal caught in it from choking.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/