Old 08-03-2004, 02:32 AM
john

Default Pond with Well Water?

Sounds like you might be a neibor with your water, I use a well to fill
my KOI pond and my veggie bog/pond/filter
I have a one in line to the pond, and the outlet is 2 ft above the
pond,, this disipates the co2 and aeriates the new water, plants and
fish do fine

John Rutz
see my pond at http://www.fuerjefe.com

RichToyBox wrote:
Generally, well water is good for the fish, and it doesn't require dechlor.
Many plants need the minerals. Softened water is not particularly good for
the plants or fish, and increases the cost of filling the pond. Check the
pH as it comes out of the well, and then run a bubbler in a bucket of the
water overnight and retest. Well water generally has a fairly high CO2
content, which makes the pH lower when it comes out of the ground than it
will balance out at after sitting for a day or two.