Old 08-03-2004, 05:33 AM
Daniel Morrow

Default Parasites eating freshwater plants?

Thanks for the response red, and salutations! I am probably going to
ignore the planaria as there is not too much more that I can do. At
this time I am ignoring vacuuming the gravel because I have baby
guppies in the tank and I don't want to suck any of them up and lose
them. Your recommendations are good though, just a different situation
here. I have read it is normal for fry to be in what normally would be
bad conditions for growth or getting a good start reasons. Breeders
writing about how their water stunk bad for the first few significant
amounts of time with baby betta fry for example (tfh breeding bettas
if I remember right) because of the green water or etc. Anyway -
thanks!

By the way - I always change 15-20% of the water in my tank every 2
weeks approximately. I use a length of airline tubing with an air
stone on one end and the other end in a bucket. I put the air stone
end in the tank and start the siphon. No babies are ever sucked out
this way. Later.