Old 08-03-2004, 02:32 PM
enigma

Default NEIGHBORS STEREO destroys serenty of the garden

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message
from Janice contains
these words:

Well I'm 52, always been fat, so it's rare that I come
across people who *are* decent, mature, and considerate
;-)

That doesn't make sense. Are you saying decent mature
considerate
people avoid you?

i think she's saying it's really rare to meet anyone that
doesn't prejudge her by her weight, age or general appearance.
while Americans tend to be the most overweight, they still
treat overweight people like crap. my ex-SIL weighs close to
300 pounds & is 5'6" tall...yet she constantly demeans 'fat
people'. it's funny in a very sad way.
most Americans have been brought up with a sense of
entitlement & have *no* consideration for anyone but
themselves. it's becoming more & more noticable as the
children of the 'self-esteem above all else' generation
started reaching adulthood.
lee