Old 08-03-2004, 03:25 PM
J Fortuna

Default Phal leuchorroda ?

[I am double-posting this message to rgo, so that this thread gets archived.
This is a thread started on abpo]

Claude,

Hmm, very interesting. Does the Syn. stand for "synonym"?

Phal philippinensis certainly seems to result in a lot more search results
in google. Also, http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~fk8t-tnk/q-phi.htm for example
seems to confirm Rod's statement about phal philippinensis being a natural
hybrid of Phal.amabilis var.aphrodite X Phal.schilleriana -- and this site
even mentions the alternative name, spelling it "leucorhoda" though. Many
sites however just list phal philippinensis as a species phal.

I wonder whether there is debate about this being a natural hybrid or a
separate species, or whether those who identify this as a species just do so
to simplify the description?

Joanna

"Claude" wrote in message
s.com...
This is what I found:

Phal. leuchorroda Syn. Phal. philippinensis

the site:
http://www.sorellaorchids.com/orchid_list.htm

Hope this help!

Claude