Old 08-03-2004, 03:31 PM
wendy7

Default Phal Leuchorroda ?

Hi Joanna, thanks for posting this. I find all this naming so mind boggling
& then
when searching it gets worse! (The mind, that is?)
I found a pic of Phal. Leuchorroda that looks just like mine so will make
notes of the
natural cross. I guess nothing is written in stone?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

J Fortuna wrote:
[I am double-posting this message to rgo, so that this thread gets
archived. This is a thread started on abpo]

Claude,

Hmm, very interesting. Does the Syn. stand for "synonym"?

Phal philippinensis certainly seems to result in a lot more search
results in google. Also,
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~fk8t-tnk/q-phi.htm for example seems to
confirm Rod's statement about phal philippinensis being a natural
hybrid of Phal.amabilis var.aphrodite X Phal.schilleriana -- and this
site even mentions the alternative name, spelling it "leucorhoda"
though. Many sites however just list phal philippinensis as a species
phal.

I wonder whether there is debate about this being a natural hybrid or
a separate species, or whether those who identify this as a species
just do so to simplify the description?

Joanna

"Claude" wrote in message
s.com...
This is what I found:

Phal. leuchorroda Syn. Phal. philippinensis

the site:
http://www.sorellaorchids.com/orchid_list.htm

Hope this help!

Claude

"wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks much Joanna, interestingly Rod was my very first internet
orchid vendor,
seems like such a long time ago.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

J Fortuna wrote:
Wendy,
Here is some info on Phal Leuchorroda posted in rgo in 1997 by Rod
from Venger's Orchids:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...ers.com&rnum=1
Best,
Joanna

"wendy7" wrote in message
This phal is labelled Phal. leuchorroda. Have not found any info
on it? It is mounted on a 5x6" piece of cork bark.
It has mottled leaves and two spikes, one is more
pink?