Old 08-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Roy

Default Mower deck Q

But surely not just after mowing 2 acres of grass and then resharpen
them. If its that dirty and dusty to erode the edge or dul the
blades, he need to plant more grass or poick up some rocks and trash
before cutting the grass. I maintain 5 to 6 acres all of it mostly
pure sand, with bahia and centipede grasses, and don;t have problems
with blades requireing getting sharpened before every use.

I have a machine shop as well, and have endmills and cutters that have
been in use for some time, but I don't sharpen them before every
use......Clogged up decks is one thing, dull blades and poor cutting
is another, and to some extent they do go hand in hand.

On 8 Mar 2004 07:13:50 -0800, (Beecrofter) wrote:

===A dirty or caked up
=== deck with old junk will also clog up the mower pretty quick especially
===
===
=== I would hate to think I had to sharpen my blades every time I mowed
=== the lawn, especially if it is like it was last year when it was a
=== season of nothing but constant lawn mowing .
===
===The man is mowing 2 acres.
===Dull blades make the grass look bad about an hour after the cut when
===all the frayed
===tips dry and give the lawn a smoky appearance. In addition to this
===they promote turf disease by providing more open surfaces for pathogen
===entry.
===It's just like a machine shop, the cutters are dull we need more
===horsepower.

Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.