Old 08-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Phisherman

Default Groundhogs

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:46:10 -0500, "Mike Davis"
wrote:

Any experience with driving away groundhogs (aka woodchucks, whistlepigs,
etc.) from the garden area. I'm moving into a house where the former garden
tract has become home for a fat and feisty furball.

My previous experience has been to live trap the little monsters and toddle
a few miles down the road to unfarmed areas and release em. If there's
another way to get rid of them (the wife is definitely not in favor of my
initial suggestion of woodchuck chili), I'd appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
Mike D.

I beat one over the head with a shovel one time, but that did not stop
him from raising a family. I found out that groundhogs can (and will)
climb a chicken wire fence. What stopped them was placing an electric
wire around the garden one at 6", another at 3 feet from the ground,
and that keeps the deer out too.