Old 08-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Steveo

Default best riding mower for about $3,000?

Congrats and happy mowing. A friend of mine has had a Husqvarna
chainsaw for years, and he loves it.

"BDT" wrote:
Well, i tried out the Husqvarna CZ4815 not the 4817. This one had the
Kawasaki engine rather than the Kohler. Here's what i thought:
Great Running, smooth operation, good safety features. Price was right
and so I bought it. I paid $4000 with tax, delivery and they threw in a
bagger. 2 Year warranty on everything, dealer seemed very impressed by
this unit. Dan
"BDT" wrote in message
news
I will be trying out the
husky CZ4817 this wekend and let you know.
Keegan
"Carl Hollomon" wrote in message
hlink.net...
This is a twist on the old "what's the best rider" question that
periodically appears here. I have about two acres in Southwest

Virginia,
not a lot of obstacles, most of it a large hill. I don't want to
spend

more
than $3,000 - $3,500 for a riding mower. Should I look at the Deere

L130?
I know I've heard some not-so-great things about this series before.

also
like what I"ve heard about the Husqvarna models with the mower deck
up front. Another model I looked at is the Deere LT160.

What do you think?

thanks,

Carl Hollomon