Old 08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
artiegee artiegee is offline
Registered User

Location: Guernsey
Default Latge Gourds

I keep my low maintenance garden clean and tidy but apart from that I am not in the least bit interested in gardening. I spend my time boating and playing the banjo, both of which require a great deal of time.
I have in the past constructed a few banjos myself and next winter would like to construct a copy of an early New Orleans banjo with the sound board constructed around a gourd. It would be super if I could grow the Gourd myself hence my logging on here.
Can anyone tell me :
The name of the larger gourds that might be suitable
Where I can obtain seeds
Growing conditions - in door or out door soil acidity etc
All info greatfully recieved - Thanks