Old 08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
James Fidell

Default Raspberry Canes

In article , nambucca wrote:

Pile loads of grass cuttihngs / compost /stable manure around the canes up
to 1 ft high ........you will be amazed at what is produced .......Raspberry
canes need lots of compost /feeding and moisture at the roots

Could I use fresh grass cuttings for this?

The place we're in the process of buying has a very overgrown veggie
plot and we've uncovered four rows of raspberry canes amongst the
brambles and weeds. We've trimmed the stems down to around eighteen
inches high and cleared most of the taller weeds, but there are still
loads of low-growing or annual weeds.

I'll have no shortage of grass cuttings and if I could tip them directly
around the raspberry canes to feed them as well as act as a mulch to
help get the weeds under control, that would be a real bonus.

James