Old 08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Ricky

Default Groundhogs

"Mike Davis" wrote in message
newsr13c.33608$UU.15729@lakeread01...
Any experience with driving away groundhogs (aka woodchucks, whistlepigs,
etc.) from the garden area. I'm moving into a house where the former

garden
tract has become home for a fat and feisty furball.

My previous experience has been to live trap the little monsters and

toddle
a few miles down the road to unfarmed areas and release em. If there's
another way to get rid of them (the wife is definitely not in favor of my
initial suggestion of woodchuck chili), I'd appreciate your guidance.

You have to kill them. Sorry to say for you all animal lovers, but they will
toddle right back. We dealt with them for 12 years in Western NJ. I killed
at least 50 of them in that time but they kept on coming back from
somewhere. Good luck.