Old 08-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Groundhogs

"Mike Davis" wrote:

Any experience with driving away groundhogs (aka woodchucks, whistlepigs,
etc.) from the garden area. I'm moving into a house where the former garden
tract has become home for a fat and feisty furball.

We have almost as many groundhogs and white-tailed deer. If a groundhog
comes into the yard area and tries to set up home, there are two things
that will get rid of him.

First, I can toss gasoline into the hole, count to 5 and then toss in a
match. Never see the groundhog again, but the following year another
groundhog may use the hole.

Second, I can shoot the groundhog and bury him in his own hole. That
always works.

Dwight Sipler wrote:

in most states it is illegal to transport wild animals, so toddling
down the road with them fits into that category.

In Pennsylvania, the game commission will loan us traps to trap and
relocate groundhogs. The traps catch more skunks and cats than
groundhogs. Also, we have so many groundhogs that the den always gets a
new tennant.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman