Old 08-03-2004, 11:59 PM
escapee

Default How to clean up soil from deicing salt ?

It absorbs it and makes it inert. Water works too, but with a lot of salt water
can bog the soil with the saline levels.

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:48:11 GMT, Phisherman opined:

How does charcoal remove salt??? Flushing with fresh water seems to
be the best idea.

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:37:46 GMT, escapee
wrote:

If you have a lot of salts you can try to use activated charcoal. It removes a
lot of toxicity from most media it's used in. Watering a lot after you aerate
will also help.

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:42:50 -0500, "Martin Allaire"
opined:

I am from Montreal canada...

I live in the city and the flower beds in the front of my house have
received salt from the upstairs tennant' staircase...

How can i make sure i neutralize that salt level before planting new
perrennials ?

My new tennant does not use salt anymore...

Martin