Old 09-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Penny Morgan

Default Blue Petunia's

You could try Blue Daze. They are smaller flowers, but bloom profusely and
will do well in the same conditions as petunias. They are a softer, medium
blue. Another option would be to use Victoria Blue Salvia. It grows
quickly, has multiple dark blue spikes all summer, and is super easy to
grow. I cut some and mix with daisies or sunflowers sometimes.

The Blue Daze hugs the ground and spreads like petunias, but the Salvia
bushes upright to 15-18" tall.

If I were doing a patriotic garden, I would use Victoria Blue Salvia, White
Butterfly Pentas and Red Dragon Wing Begonias.

And, yes the petunias are actually purple in color. Wave Petunias came out
with Blue Wave last year and it's a deep purple color.

Hope this helps you.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Scout Lady" wrote in message
I have been looking for blue petunia's and although I found some that say
they are blue they look purple rather than blue. Is it my monitor or are
there petunia's that are dark blue in color?

Anyone have a suggestion for an alternative blue flower? I am planning on

fourth of July party and I wanted to do one of the back flowerbeds in red,
white and blue for a change in color. Petunia's always grew quite well in
this space so I'm trying to stick with something I know will grow well or
equally as well.

---