Old 09-03-2004, 07:02 AM
gregpresley

Default Blue Petunia's

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. com...
Blue flowered Petunias are biochemically impossible. The floral pigment is
carotenoid and the closest you could ever get is a deep purple, never
anything approaching a true blue.

This is just a side note - I find petunias rather boring, but I like scented
flowers. In plunging my nose into thousands of petunia flats over the years,
I have discovered only one variety that is dependably-scented and strongly
clove-scented at all times of day and night - and that is midnight
madness - which is a dark purple flowered petunia with only medium sized
blossoms. For that reason, I plant some every year in locations where people
can enjoy their scent.