Old 09-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Janice

Default NEIGHBORS STEREO destroys serenty of the garden

On 8 Mar 2004 14:05:28 GMT, enigma wrote:

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message
from Janice contains
these words:

Well I'm 52, always been fat, so it's rare that I come
across people who *are* decent, mature, and considerate
;-)

That doesn't make sense. Are you saying decent mature
considerate
people avoid you?

i think she's saying it's really rare to meet anyone that
doesn't prejudge her by her weight, age or general appearance.
while Americans tend to be the most overweight, they still
treat overweight people like crap. my ex-SIL weighs close to
300 pounds & is 5'6" tall...yet she constantly demeans 'fat
people'. it's funny in a very sad way.
most Americans have been brought up with a sense of
entitlement & have *no* consideration for anyone but
themselves. it's becoming more & more noticable as the
children of the 'self-esteem above all else' generation
started reaching adulthood.
lee

Yup pretty close, but what I never cease to be amazed at is how
incredibly immature supposed adults can be, and it was when I was
still a teenager, around 245.. looked 180, sure big, but not so big as
to be someone unusual as there are a lot of people in that range,
especially now. I was walking along a street after getting off a bus,
across from a car dealership, the showroom long and glass all the way,
and I watched a fellow suddenly startle, and jump and RUN the full
length from one end to the front doors, slip on the rug and nearly
Fall just to get outside to YELL across the street at me, something
about my state of fatness. I remember just chuckling and shaking my
head and saying to myself.. and *this* is an "adult". I was about 16.

The fellow.. I don't know how old he was, but certainly much older
than I was, he was working in some capacity where he got to wear a
suit, so probably a salesman.

Another time many years later, I was walking about 7:00 a.m. to my
first day of work, at my first "real job" and a fellow somewhere in
his Late 50's I'd figure is walking down the alleyway toward me and
he's walking kind of hunched, hands in his pockets, He says to me: I
hear they're looking for models for mumus at the Bon, and when I
didn't react to that the way he wanted, he just laid his ugliness bare
by saying: "Don't you know how ugly you are to us, you shouldn't even
leave your house so we wouldn't have to see you." Well I never have
been quick on the uptake when people behave that way, why I don't know
since it has happened often enough. I was too slow, but I was just
shaking my head again. I thought, I should have said: Ugly is as ugly
does, and I can diet, but you're ugly to the bone. But instead I just
kind of laughed and went in and said.. geee great start to my day....

It's that kind of unprovoked . other than by breathing and being in
the world.. behavior that makes me wonder just how many people *are*
reasonable or mature. How many people would qualify if they were
doing selective breeding with humans. Yeah I know.. Hitler tried it,
etc etc. But.. I knew when I was a kid I didn't want any, as I did now
want to pass on my weight issues, and I didn't like kids even when I
was one! So I removed myself from the gene pool! Unfortunately the
worst ones remain polluting the gene pool! Everybody out! someone
pooped in the gene pool! LOL