Old 09-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Andy Hunt

Default Raspberry bush in a pot?

I kept some raspberry canes in a big pot for several years when I
moved house and they survived until I got an allotment and planted
them out.

Hi, Pam. Did your raspberries in pots produce fruit? How many canes to a
pot (and what size pot)? I have no space for fruit but I'd love to grow
raspberries and blackberries. I thought they'd grow too large for pots?

This is my problem too - and I too am hoping that it will fruit in a pot.
It's a single cane I bought in a bag from Wilkinsons, it's only little, so I
assume it's been sold ready to put straight it. It's quite a big pot, so
hopefully it will be OK - but I *do* want it to fruit, too!

I've put mine up against a wall with a net on it, so that I can train it
into the net so it doesn't straggle all over the place.

Thanks!

Andrew