Old 09-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Jan Flora

Default Tomato update

In article 0IP2c.499507$I06.5377572@attbi_s01,
"Dewolla Stepon" wrote:

I know you ALL have been waiting for my latest tomato status, here is a
recap:

[...]

Today the temp was in the mid 70's and sunny, a perfect spring day. How I
love living in the SF Bay Area!

- Dewolla Stepon
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 15

Boring weather. 80F. is a heatwave. 45F. is a cold snap. ~~~~

The Gray Area has awesome gardening weather, but too many people live
there now, and you've ruint it. California was a *wonderful* place to
grow up, until ya'll moved there and us 5th generation natives had to
flee our homeland...

Tomatoes: here in Alaska, we're just starting seeds for:

Stupice
Siberia
Brandywine
Sweet Million
4th of July

All to be grown in our homebuilt (definitely NOT up to to Gray Area
standards *sniff*) greenhouses.

I'll have snow on the ground here at the house until May 1. Will crank up
the coal oil stove in the greenhouse in the next week or so, but still
keep my seed flats in the house, under lights for a bit longer. I've got
lettuce, broccali and such seeded out in the greenhouse now.

What I lack in gardening weather, I make up for in ambiance, scenery,
and a damned nice place to live, in the slow lane.

As hard as you boys work, you still haven't figured out that money can't
buy happiness.

Jan, in Alaska
Swift Creek Ranch (organic beef)
USDA Zone 4