Old 09-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Moira

Default composting

"Jutta Haas" wrote in message . cable.rogers.com...
I read some info on it, and from that I gather that much is promised
(compost available in only a few months) and not so much delivered. You also
have to turn it around very often. Hmm

"Hound Dog" wrote in message
Just received a flyer in the mail today advertising a "compostumbler."

It's a very large drum on a pipe stand which is turned using a geared
hand-crank.

Among other claims, the ad states you can compost your waste in just 14
days. (??)

Does anyone have an opinion as to the value of this composter.

Hound Dog

I don't know about a "compostumbler" but would recommend a "wormery"
using tiger worms. They cope with kitchen scraps and the liquid
compost drawn off is fantastic stuff!!!