Old 09-03-2004, 11:39 PM
LeeAnne

Default Bunnies

Good to know, thanks for the information -- I guess I'll just take a wait
and see attitude and maybe throw out some bribery carrots anyway :-) Can't
hurt.

"flicker" wrote in message
I hope you all are well and can tell me how you've handled your hopping
critters.

We had our first rabbits two years ago. As a child of suburbia, I have to

tell
you I was thrilled to see "wildlife" in the garden. I even planted

carrots,
which weren't touched.

Amazingly, I really have seen no damage at all by them, and I saw rabbits

on my
property regularly all summer. It makes me wonder what all the

handwringing
over critters is about.

The only thing I noticed was the spent crocus foliage missing one morning.
Close inspection revealed it was chewed to the ground. Not a big deal.

This winter the red-tailed hawks discovered the neighborhood and no doubt

the
rabbits too. So sometimes the problems (if they are considered problems)

solve
themselves.

~flick