Old 10-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Michael Gerzog

Default More arrests....

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message .net...

I can
however tell you that when I brought my orchids from Hawai'i to the
mainland, and informed the authorities (both when leaving Hawai'i as well as
when I got to NY) that I am bringing orchids with me, they didn't even want
to look in the boxes, in fact, they asked for no paperwork at all. Now, I
didn't bring anything that "shouldn't" be in my collection, but I found it
very odd that they could care less about what was inside of the boxes....

Mariana

Yabbut that's is a totally different situation. Fortunately, we're
not at the point where one needs CITES certificates to take listed
plants from state to state. Hawaii isn't a foreign country and NY
doesn't worry very much about interstate plant movement from a
phytosanitary standpoint. I'm sure Arizona or California would have
been very interested if one of those states were your final
destination, since they have very strict phytosanitary laws/regs.

MG